Like every winter, the most awaited event in Quebec City is the Carnaval of Québec. 2020’s edition is from February 7th to 16th and here are our 7 favorites activities of this year’s program. The opening ceremony will take place on Friday, February 7th from 5:30 PM to 6 PM.
#1 – THE CLASSICAL: THE HYDRO-QUÉBEC PARADE
As usual, the Hydro-Québec Parade, main event of the Carnaval of Québec, will invade the city twice! Circus artists, choreographers, lights and music, the show will be here. Prepare yourself to live one magical night (or two!). Furthermore, it’s free! No Effigy needed!
Saturday 8th and Saturday 15th February – From 7 to 9 PM (free).
On Grande Allée (From Avenue des Érables to the National Assembly).
#2 – THE INEVITABLE: ICE SULPTURES
If you want to learn or simply look at this art process, you will be pleased. The Carnaval of Québec offers you workshops, demonstrations with Marc Lepire’s team and an Ice Sculptures path. Come practice and discover this art with the chief sculptor of Bonhomme’s Ice Palace!
– The workshops: 1-hour duration, booking needed (79$, taxes included, for a group between 2 and 4 persons) – Availabilities: Saturday 8th, Sunday 9th, Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th February – From 12 PM to 4 PM.
– The demonstrations: Everyday, detailed schedule online (Effigy required).
– The path: Everyday (free).
#3 – THE SURPRISING: WINTER NSPW WRESTLING EVENT
NSPW wrestlers will fight in outside matches, with some snow around! As some people will get cold in the ring, come warm you up and applause extraordinary and… unusual talents. Prepare yourself to see explosive personalities and in-action acrobats, a guaranteed entertainment.
Saturday 8th and Saturday 15th February – From 1:30 PM to 3 PM (Effigy required).
Jos’ Camp by Videotron.
#4 – THE ICEY: SNOW BATH ST-HUBERT
Brave enough to take a snow bath in a swimsuit? The Snow bath St-Hubert is here for you. A Carnaval toque, a bath access and to the other sites of the Carnaval for the day will be allowed to the courageous who will dare to register. Be fast, there are only 75 available places. The register period ends on February 2nd. For more details on the rules to respect, go on the Carnaval of Québec’s website.
Sunday 16th February – From 1 PM to 2:30 PM (10$, taxes included).
Jos’ Camp by Videotron.
#5 – THE PRECISE: SHOOT & PUTT
The Carnaval of Québec offers you a minigolf course with some hockey influences. Go through the course and discover 5 Canadian cityscapes while having fun. Shoot & putt is the challenge that children and adults have to try this year at the Carnaval.
Everyday, detailed schedule online (Effigy required).
#6 – THE RISKY: CHRISTIE DESCENT
Who doesn’t want to slide? The Christie Descent is a 300-font long slope. Be brave and slide but be careful in the curve! Guaranteed thrills.
#7 – THE TRENDING: AXE THROWING
This activity became trending thanks to social networks. Come try the axe throwing and show your entourage how agile you are. No stress, there is a lesson before you throw it. It’s the perfect time to let the steam off and bring the Viking out of you.
Don’t hesitate to try the partner events, there is something for every taste:
– Bal des Glaces at Le Drague Cabaret Club: Drag Queens shows, photos with the characters and free frosty makeup on site.
– Sumo fight at la Korrigane: Come and fight your friends in a padded sumo suit. Many prizes to win, registration needed.
– Winter Volleyball at the 3rd Avenue and Chemin de la Canardière corner: A volleyball tournament with 30 cm of snow on the floor? It is possible. If you think you can take the challenge, register!